Data Solution Architect – Digital Transformation
A leader in the digital technology market is seeking an experienced Data Solution Architect to join the Data & Analytics capability as a senior member of the team.
The Data Solution Architect will be responsible for leading multi-skilled agile teams to design and deliver contemporary data solutions and be viewed as an authority figure for data technology solutions, providing strong technical and thought leadership, both internally and externally.
What you can expect from your role:
• Machine learning proof of value working with customers on business case identification, use case exploration and data identification accelerated by our ‘datalab in the cloud'
• Delivering mission-critical, scalable data processing platforms for cross-enterprise analytics and data exploitation, using agile data engineering teams.
• You will cover the full big data stack from hardware to user-facing tools with strong expertise in delivering and supporting cloud platforms and cloud transition.
• Work in blended teams, helping customers build an enduring capability.
• Experienced Data Architect from a Solution Architecture perspective
• Strong technical design expertise, competent in security, accuracy, performance, resilience and availability across heterogeneous architectures.
• Comfortable with JVM programming languages such as scala, python, jvm, clojure, groovy, jython, jruby, kotlin
• Experience of designing, building and productionising modern data-intensive applications
• Broad knowledgeable of the full spectrum of data technologies (data ingestion, transformation, storage, presentation, consumption) being able to integrate these into successful solutions
• Experience of deploying a range of data persistence technologies (file system, object, document, key-value, search, RDBMS, graph)
• Experience of deploying data IaaS and PaaS services from AWS, Microsoft or Google
This represents a truly unique opportunity to work as a Senior Data Architect for a collaborative Digital/Agile tech consultancy that regularly features in the Sunday times top 100 "Best Places To Work", has an award winning training academy, (that you'll actually get to use), allows it's employees to work 2 days per week from home (depending on projects) and are involved in some of the most high profile, exciting and high-tech agile and digital projects in the UK. Due to the consultancy element of this role you will be required to travel and spend time on client site during the working week with one or two days working from home.