Java Developer – General Insurance - £55k + 30% bonus – Exeter/Bournemouth
An experienced Java Developer preferably with a background in General Insurance, is required by one of the UK's leading and fastest growing insurers for a permanent role based in Exeter or Bournemouth.
This represents a fantastic opportunity to join a motivated and successful team, heavily focused on analysing user requirements, providing project estimates then helping to build and design IT solutions and supporting systems using the full development life cycle and agile methodologies (where suitable) to meet the business needs.
We are looking for talented Java Developer with recent Oracle product knowledge (Oracle 10, developer, reportwriter, discoverer).
The Java Developer will:
• Help to build and design IT solutions/support systems using the full development life cycle and agile methodologies
• Make a significant contribution in delivering effective IT solutions as well as seeking opportunities to improve business process
• Enjoy problem solving and finding solutions; coding and amending complex changes
As a Java Developer you will have:
• Experience working in a hands on developer capacity with knowledge of General Insurance
• Knowledge and experience of working in Java 8, Spring, Hibernate with Jason or XML.
• Preferred knowledge of working in SQL databases, Layer 7, OSB, JSON, JaxB
This is a great opportunity to join as a developer at one of the most attractive employers to work for within the financial services industry, offering one of the most generous benefits packages (30% bonus, 21% pension, 30 days holiday to name but a few) and one of the best working environments in terms of work/life balance and training and career progression.