Java Developer – General Insurance - £55k + 30% bonus - London
An experienced Java Developer preferably with a background in Guidewire and General Insurance, is required by one of the UK's leading and fastest growing insurers for a permanent role based in London. Guidewire isn't mandatory as they provide training for this while offering an opportunity to break into insurance.
This represents a fantastic opportunity to join a motivated and successful team, heavily focused on providing key knowledge on user requirements and helping build and design IT solutions, using a scaled agile methodology for delivery.
The Java Developer will:
• Support and contribute to delivery of accurate project estimates regardless of size and complexity
• Develop reliable quality code aligned with best practice guidelines.
• Formally train and coach new or junior team members.
• Produce system specifications (functional and technical) from business requirements.
• Plan and execute unit and integration tests including documented evidence of test plans and results.
• Support project implementation, which may include checking results and problem resolution.
As a Java Developer you will have:
• Experience working in a hands on developer capacity with knowledge of General Insurance
• Advance analysis and problem-solving skills
• Knowledge/experience of the Guidewire insurance suite including PolicyCenter, BillingCenter, ClaimCenter, and DataHub (and preferably SQL databases, Gosu or Guidewire Data Hub).
• Ability to bring to life abstract and complex concepts with a view to communicate them efficiently
This is a great opportunity to join as a developer at one of the most attractive employers to work for within the financial services industry, offering one of the most generous benefits packages (30% bonus, 21% pension, 30 days holiday to name but a few) and one of the best working environments in terms of work/life balance and training and career progression.