Java Technical Lead / Senior Java Developer – microservices, API, Agile – £75k - £85k - London
A Java Tech Lead is being sought to run a small sprint team for the world's leading cloud-RADIUS & AAA wireless platform software provider.
They are currently growing their team to meet the demands of new business they are taking on, and as part of an ongoing project to deploy their platform in a microservices architecture – a Senior Java Developer is therefore being recruited to head up a small sprint team of 3 people.
Their products and services are built on proprietary technology, are developed in-house and deployed in the cloud.
From day one, as a Senior Java Developer / tech Lead you would have the opportunity to work on their initial platform and refactor it to make it more scalable. You'll also be working on refactoring a monolithic solution to keep up with their massive end-user increase and new clients, utilising the best tools in the market.
Skills / Experience required:
• Core Java with good back end and database skills
• Experience of developing / delivering at Scale is hugely important
• Experience of running sprints, taking on big complex projects from design through to implementation
• Agile – experience of working in sprint team
• Rest APIs
Nice to have:
• Distributed systems
• Kafka (alternatives are Active MQ or any asynchronous messaging protocols)
• Anyone with RADIUS – (a protocol for authentication)
• Ability to write network based apps and has a knowledge of network protocols
• Prior Wi-Fi software experience or anyone that has built gateways / access points
This is a phenomenal opportunity to work in a great tech-first environment with some seriously talented people for a company at the top of their game and true innovators in their space.
You'll be working with microservices, APIs and bleeding edge tech all in a greenfield development environment working at true scale
Please get in touch with an updated CV for more information.
This is a perm position paying £75,000 - £85,000 p.a. and based in London, WC2.