Senior Unix Engineer
A renowned Telecoms and Tech giant is going through a period of massive expansion and is looking for a talented Senior Unix Engineer in Swindon. This is a great opportunity to work for a successful, ambitious and dynamic organisation. Work with a flexible work schedule, and gain real experience in the field.
This opportunity is an Is an operational role, focusing on technical analysis and timely resolution, providing technical skills to resolve all service issues within agreed Service Level Agreements, ensuring that customer satisfaction is maintained. The Secure Operations Engineer will ensure that the complexities of the customer infrastructure are understood, and provide support to further enhance stability, making changes to the infrastructure using agreed business processes and best practice. In addition, there will be a requirement to undertake project work. The role requires an expert knowledge in one or more of the technologies listed under the technical competencies
Some of the skills we would like you to have are listed below, however, we are a forward looking company that value people and understand that a list of skills does not make a person so please apply if you can demonstrate passion for some of these skills rather than practical experience.
What you’ll do:
- Demonstrable experience in supporting large, complex Hosting Estates using multiple technologies including VMWare.
- Experience of Data Centre Operations & Data centre environment including experience of Incident Management Tools – Preferably BMC Remedy.
- Significant experience administering:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 onwards (Red Hat Certified Engineer Preferable)
- Oracle Solaris 10 onwards
- Demonstrable experience administering:
- Exim / Postfix SMTP services
- Oracle Application Server & Workforce Scheduling
- DNS ideally Infoblox
- Professional level certification from industry recognised programme e.g. RHCE, OCP
- Good exposure to datacentre networking and security
- ITIL V3 awareness
- Delivery of 3rd line technical support during core hours and via on-call rota for managed network devices across multiple client environments, providing technical escalation and advice to 1st line technical teams and other colleagues
- Root cause analysis and documentation of complex incidents
- Planning, assessment and implementation of complex change requests
- Define and embed consistent operational processes to support on-going support activities, driving improvements where issues are identified
- Working as part of team to on-board new solutions and customer into service through Quality Assurance assessment.
This is a permanent Senior Unix Engineer opportunity with a salary range between £50,000 - £70,000 p.a. All candidates must be eligible for Security Clearance