Cloud Architect – custom software development
A Cloud Architect is being sought by one of the UK's most respected technology consultancies to join as a key player in a newly established global Cloud Practice.
The Cloud Practice is tasked with client advisory services, cloud project engagements and cloud service delivery.
This represents a fantastic opportunity to be a key player on a number of high profile Cloud transformation programmes across a number of different industries and companies.
The purpose of the role is to assist clients in optimising their use of cloud resources (public and private) as part of a balanced IT supply portfolio.
As such, the successful applicants will have a wealth of exposure in projects that exploit public cloud services and be capable of engaging predominantly on customer projects covering the full life cycle from proposal/justification to project design/build.
What we need:
It is anticipated that individuals will either be an architect or Consultant with significant specialism in either AWS or Azure.
• Expert knowledge of either AWS or Azure platform to deliver cloud-native solutions.
• A strong background in Java and open source technologies and frameworks; experienced at producing multi-tier, high-availability and secured applications.
• Understanding of Hybrid Cloud solutions and experienced in integrating public cloud into traditional hosting/delivery models
• Experience collaborating closely with engineering teams making use of best development practices.
• Agile / Scrum methodology experience.
• Able to help shape transition and transformation strategies.
• DevOps experience would be highly desirable together with containerisation technologies: Docker or Kubernetes.
What is on offer:
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit.
Due to the nature of the projects, you are expected to be able to travel during the week (Mon-Thu) and work on client sites across the UK.