AWS Infrastructure Engineer
An internationally renowned consultancy is seeking an AWS Infrastructure Engineer based in Bristol! You will join one of the platform teams and need to be fully committed to the mantra "You build it, you run it, incorporating security best practice into every line of code - i.e. the Dev SecOps mindset and practice. You will be able to contribute, communicate and maintain a positive attitude to challenges.
You'll help drive the continual improvements to infrastructure-as-code environments by automating services in AWS. You'll also help improve release automation & orchestration, collecting metrics, developing monitoring solutions and carrying out performance tuning.
The person we are looking for should be comfortable with the following:
• In depth knowledge of building and operating immutable infrastructure using AWS
• Configuration Management
• Writing code to solve problems (Python, Ruby, Bash)
• Linux administration, preferably Ubuntu
• Distributed Source Control, preferably git/GitHub
• Experience in various AWS services like Cloudformation, S3, EC2 and IAM
• Being comfortable with Kanban
• Enthusiasm for web technologies, with a good understanding of web security and performance issues
• Good communicator, having the soft skills to talk to the business as well as techs
Experience or knowledge of the following will be a plus:
• AWS Lambda
• Vagrant, Hiera, ElasticSearch, Graphite Analytics and Monitoring
This is a permanent AWS Infrastructure Engineer role based in Bristol, paying salaries between £50,000 - £90,000 p.a.