Senior Java Developer
Location: Leatherhead, Surrey, United Kingdom
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- As a Senior Java Developer you will lead the team's design, implementation and verification of discrete packages of software, enabling the team to contribute to project/service software deliverables.
- You will be involved in a high volume of change requests.
- The role will see you lead the teams change control procedures and processes; controls scope-creep.
- It is also a key part of the role to interface technically with the client.
- You will be expected to estimate accurately and deliver your work on time and to a high quality, and take responsibility for any necessary documentation for production and release teams.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- To be successful in this role as a Senior Java Developer you must be an experience server-side Java developer with strong core Java 7/8 development experience.
- It is also essential that you have an excellent understanding of multi- threaded programming (e.g. with Java 8 and/or Guava Futures), and demonstrable knowledge of Domain Modelling, Design Patterns and Clean Coding techniques and principles.
Due to the nature of the projects you are working on you must either have current SC clearance or be eligible to achieve SC clearance.