SQL Server DBA
Location: Maidenhead, Berkshire
• Installation, Administration and Maintenance of SQL Server 2008/2012 instances
• Troubleshoot various day-to-day problems that arise and fix issues
• Monitoring Server Error Logs and check email alert or configure email alerts
• Create and manage database users and permissions (internal or via active directory roles)
• Design or Enhance database Backup, Recovery Strategy, and Monitor their activities
• Ability to setup and monitor various database high availability solutions, such as mirroring and Availability Group clusters
• Develop, implement, and monitor performance tuning tasks (understand PowerShell)
• Documenting changes and follow change control
• Provide 24x7 on-call support for the production environments and support development activities.
• Extensive T-SQL knowledge
• Work with application engineering teams in order to enforce standards, and quality assurance policies and procedures as it pertains to accessing customer facing database environments
• 5+ years experience administering Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012
• Solarwinds Data Performance Analyzer (DPA) monitoring tool (formerly Confio Ignite) a plus
• Informix and UNIX experience a plus.