IT Service Desk Analyst – 6 month contract - £92 per day - Folkestone
As part the Global Service Desk, the IT Service Desk Analyst provides first level IT support to all employeescontractors and external clients (our customers). As part of a migration from Lotus Notes to Outlook, you will handle IT incidents and IT service requests effectively and efficiently as well as in a globally consistent way meeting the agreed SLA’s and achieving outstanding customer service expectations. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a pre-eminent financial services company and break in to the IT world.
We do not require any formal IT Helpdesk / Service Desk experience, just the capability to do so and a similar customer service / customer support background.
Main responsibilities of the role:
• Act as the first point of contact and provide initial customer support via phone, email and through the ticketing system - Service Now.
• Provide professional customer service in a positive, helpful and cheerful manner using initiative to solve problems and answer queries.
• Create complete and accurate tickets in the IT service management system for all new incidents/ service requests, and for self service tickets received into Service Now.
• Resolve incidents/requests and close tickets without the involvement of second level support wherever possible. First Contact Resolution is a key goal of the position.
• Work in accordance with IT Service Desk processes for phone and back office support.
• Stay current with system information, software versions, changes and updates at a Global level.
• Excellent customer focused attitude, with a talent for making customers feel important.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, which are used to provide the Customer with the right information at the right time and in the right way.
• Excellent listening skills to convey a quick understanding of the customer’s needs.
• Proven experience in using initiative and analytical skills to solve problems and come up with solutions.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and/or under pressure.
• Able to learn quickly customer support processes and techniques
• Ability to work flexible hours.
• Adaptability and responsiveness with the ability to prioritize tasks
• Competency in MS Office Suite
Please get in touch with a CV asap.